A Brief Overview
• Courteous, Professional Staff
• Modern facility with private viewing rooms
• Full service chapel for traditional and memorial services
• Large casket selection
• Cemetery and Burial Site Partners
• Modern Fleet
• Monuments, Memorials (headstones, benches, etc.) and Grave Markers
• Insurance Preparation
• Out-of-town Burials
• Shipping Services
• Pre-Need Arrangements and Planning
• Personalized service options
• Faith-based rites, rituals and services
How We Serve You
When a death occurs, there are a number of things that require immediate attention. Regardless of the day or hour, Morris Funeral Home is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. We will assist you with the details of the funeral process and arrangements, so that you can focus on your family and yourself.
When you call Morris Funeral Home, here are just a few of the details that we’ll be handling for you:
• Funeral Arrangements
• Securing necessary permits and death certificates
• Maintaining proper care and custody of the body
• Contacting and coordinating details with the clergy
• Identifying and contacting program participants, which include musicians, singers, speakers, videographers, floral attendants, pallbearers, fraternal and civic organizations
• Placing death notices and obituaries (if desired) in newspapers
• Coordinating burial or cremation arrangements, particularly those that require specific, customized ceremonies and rituals (military, religious, fraternal, etc.)
• Facilitating arrangements for burial/interment, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
• Providing transportation for your family to and from the funeral and burial site
• Professional on-site services and supervision
• All necessary documentation and arrangements for conveyance, transportation, services and burial, if the deceased is to be shipped to or from a distant location
Customized Service Options
Morris Funeral Home offers a variety of customized service options to help you celebrate the life of your loved one. Take a look at these services and let us help you choose the one that’s right for you.
• Memorial Services
• Pre-need Arrangements
• Burial/Cemetery Services
• Veteran's Burial & Benefits
• Resources & Referrals
Traditional & Nontraditional
Traditional and Nontraditional Funeral Services give your family an opportunity to reflect upon the life of your loved one and to commemorate the impact of his or her life in a personal, meaningful and unique way. These personalized services offer a time for sharing, reminiscing, reflecting and celebrating the life that your loved one lived in a way that is comforting and hopeful as you prepare for the future.
A Memorial Service is a service where the body of the deceased is not present. If possible, families can also choose to have a viewing for family and friends beforehand, as viewing of the deceased is a very important step in acknowledging that the death has occurred.
A Graveside Service is a service where the entire funeral portion of the memorial occurs at the cemetery or burial site. Families can select a day or hour to view their loved one prior to the Graveside Service. The Home-going service is actually held at the graveside, followed by the burial.
The Cremation Service is just like a traditional Funeral Service, except cremation will follow instead of the casketed burial. This can be accommodated by the use of a cremation casket (casket that is designed to be cremated). Following the viewing, service or ceremony, and subsequent cremation, the cremated remains of your loved one can be buried, properly scattered, or returned to the family in an Urn of your choosing.
A Direct Cremation Service can be arranged as an immediate disposition of the body. Direct cremation is usually followed by a memorial service at the church, funeral home or other location. The cremated remains of your loved one can be properly disposed of or returned to the family in an Urn of your choosing.